[singlepic id=147 w=320 h=240 mode=web20 float=right]Here are some facts you should know to help you prepare before visiting the Cotopaxi volcano and the refuge:
- Entrance Fee: The entrance fee to the Cotopaxi National Park is $10 for foreigners and $2 for Ecuadorians.
- Entry Times: Admission to the Cotopaxi National Park (through “control norte” and “control caspi”) is allowed only before 4pm (16h00).
- Parking areas: There is a parking area at 4600 m, you have to walk around 30-45 minutes to get to the refuge.
- Refuge Altitude: The refuge “José Ribas” is located in the north face of the Cotopaxi Volcano at 4800 meters (15750 feet) of altitude.
- What would you find at the refuge? In the refuge there are two kitchen rooms, 4 stoves, plastic dishes, running water (if it is not frozen), bathrooms, electricity from 6 pm to 8 pm, beds with mattresses, lockers.
- Staying the night at the refuge: If you plan to stay in the refuge you should bring your sleeping bag, warm clothes, food, pure water, headlamp, toilet paper, if you want you can bring your own lock.
- Shopping (Supplies): There is a small shop where you can buy snacks and hot chocolate or tea.
- Price per night at the refuge: The price per night per person is around $10 for Ecuadorians and around $20 for foreigners.
To see videos of the Cotopaxi please click below.
- Here is a video that we took at the Cotopaxi Mountain Refuge to give you an idea of what it looks like.
- Here is a vide of our friends Ismael and Vanessa climbing the Cotopaxi for the first time. Congrats Vanessa!
- To book a trip of further information contact Barefoot Expeditions or call 1-866-ECUADOR